Life 2.0

I have started the next chapter in my life. In widow-speak we call it out 2.0.

And it has happened so quickly I can almost believe that Roz has decided to use some cosmic power to make it happen.

Two weeks ago I had barely communicated with Rachel Grace. This morning we were looking at potential houses on Rightmove for when we move in together in 2021.

Sometimes life comes at you fast! :)

After the first anniversary of Roz's death I suddenly had a strong desire to stop moping and get on with my life. And I realised that, because of who I am, that meant finding someone to share my life with.

The feeling was so strong I do now wonder if it wasn't Roz telling me to do it.

I can hear her voice saying "Ok that's enough now. You've missed me long enough. I have found this amazing person for you and she needs you. She needs the strength, support and love you provided to me. She's a geek like you. She loves videogames and sci-fi and fantasy - in all it's mediums. She's tactile like me. She loves hugs and kisses. She loves to laugh. She will satisfy you and understand you in the bed like I wished I could. She can give you the family you never knew you wanted. And she adores cats."

"And she needs you. She's broken like I was when you met me. She has had a troubled childhood like me. She has come out of a brutal relationship like me that has broken what strength she had left. You need to build her up and make her feel that, with you around, she is the safest, most protected and loved woman in the world."

"She is guarded like me. She won't reveal her true self to people for danger of being hurt. She needs you there to give her the strength and self-belief that she is as amazing as I was. That when people see her for who she really is that they will love her and want to be around her."

"She is as strong as I was but, like me, she doesn't see it. She only sees her failures not her successes. Show them to her. Show them often. Build up her ego and confidence like you did mine and, like you did with me, never stop for she will never become egotistical and she will always doubt herself unless you are there to ensure that she doesn't."

"Love her. Wholly and completely. I brought you two together. I give you both my blessing."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year down. Rest of my life to go.

We won the Champions League - I should be happy I guess?

Thank God for my cats